Should the Internet be kind to people?
Who needs friendly Internet?
Where are safe places in the online universe?
We know the answers.
Smart Internet Foundation has been in operation since February 2012. It has been founded by “Coordination Center for TLD .RU/.РФ” – the administrator of national top level domains .RU and .РФ (national registry).
The main goal of Smart Internet is to develop children Internet in Russia and also to support humanitarian projects in web.
Our main project is the creation of new gTLD .ДЕТИ. This includes registration, development and technical support. We expect that friendly domain .ДЕТИ will be a platform that unites Russian-speaking children and protects them from online dangers. We believe that children Internet can be amusing and secure.
Children are the most valuable resource any country has. Ensuring they realize their full potential is the best investment a country can make in its future. Currently, more and more children become masters in the art of searching the Internet, a world made and designed mostly by adults and for adults. Very often adults argue about whether to allow children to use the World Wide Web or not.
Creating an Internet zone where children are safe and have access to educational and entertainment services, requires radical reforms. Smart Internet Foundation proposes to focus on the following themes:
• We need to teach parents and caregivers use the Internet safely, because their influence on children’s lives are the most critical.
• We need to increase our focus on supporting child-friendly web recourses.
• We need to ensure that experts who check the content of .ДЕТИ are valued, rewarded and trained.
• We need to address the main problems identified in numerous researches on the Internet security made both in Russia and the rest of the world.
• We need to ensure necessary intervention, protect children from cyber-bullying, aggressive advertisement, violence, pornography, pedophiles.
The project of new gTLD .ДЕТИ is already triggering an active interest in the Internet community. Moreover, it received the official support of the Supervisory Board of the Agency of Strategic Initiatives of Russian Federation under the leadership of Vladimir Putin.
What’s next? We want to see this project developed with the active support of network activists and other stakeholders. Are you ready to join us and participate in creation of new online universe?