On February 26, the Cyrillic domain .ДЕТИ (dot DETI, which means “Children”), administered by the Smart Internet Foundation, celebrated its 9th birthday.
The first addresses in the domain were registered in 2014. Since then, it has opened hundreds of websites aimed primarily at children and adolescents, as well as their parents and educators. Websites in the .ДЕТИ also host online stores and commercial projects aimed at novice Internet users.
A complete catalog of the best websites with addresses in .ДЕТИ is available on the official website of the domain. Now the catalog contains about 150 resources of various subjects and purposes: from websites of kindergartens and sports schools to educational applications and the media. For the birthday of the .ДЕТИ, the catalog has been updated – it includes 30 new resources, including:
- digital platform to help with homework домашка.дети (homework dot deti)
- website of the all-russian children’s center “Smena” in Anapa смена.дети
- a program of psychological help for teenagers and a guide to growing up я-могу.дети (I-can dot deti)
- navigator of services for visually impaired preschool children in St. Petersburg видеть.дети (to see dot deti)
- children’s contest combining traditional beekeeping and digital technology добропчел.дети (kind bee dot deti)
Recall that the mission of the .ДЕТИ is to create an Internet space of trust, increase the digital literacy of children and adolescents, and also collect high-quality Internet content on one site. Another important task of .ДЕТИ is to make children’s online experience comfortable and safe. Harmful content is monitored continuously, 365 days a year, in order to combat “malware” on websites functioning under the domain.
Registering a primary or additional address for a website in .ДЕТИ means becoming a part of the positive space of the Runet, as well as getting the opportunity to get into the directory of the best .ДЕТИ websites. It is very simple to do this – just contact one of the registrars accredited in the domain.
More information about the Foundation’s projects, the .ДЕТИ domain, events and research in the field of children’s Internet can be found on the pages of “Smart Journal”. News from the .ДЕТИ domain and its friends is also available on the community pages on VKontakte.