The competition for journalists writing about domains and other Internet addressing systems has started. It is carried out by the Coordination Center for TLD .RU/.РФ and RAEC with the support of the Smart Internet Foundation.
Articles, reports, analytical materials devoted to the events of the domain industry and related topics are accepted for consideration by the jury. Articles must be created and published between January 1 and November 1, 2021. The competition jury includes heads of press services of organizations related to the domain industry, as well as representatives of international industry organizations.
Works are accepted in the following categories:
- Best of all about domains (single author series)
- Domain analytics (the best analytical material)
- How the industry lives (reports on events and other events in the industry)
- About domains on TV (best TV report)
- Regions are our everything (the best journalistic material of the regional press)
- Beyond .RU (the best journalistic material in Russian published in the media outside of Russia)
- In addition, a special nomination was established by the partner and the official registrar of the competition – the company REG.RU.
Opening the 9th contest, the organizers thanked the companies and organizations that support DOT journalism and presented them with honorary diplomas of the contest partners. The Smart Internet Foundation received the award and a gift.
Irina Danelia, Deputy Director of the Smart Internet Foundation, noted the importance of holding the DOT-Journalism contest for Internet journalists. “For all the years, the Foundation has supported the participation of young journalists in DOT-Journalism, and this year young journalists can apply for participation in any of the nominations of the competition. There should be as much positive content as possible on the Internet created by professionals, and the contest contributes to this to the full,” said Irina Danelia.
Applications for the DOT Journalism 2021 competition will be open until November 1, 2021, and the results will be summed up at Russian Internet Week 2021 – the winners of the competition will receive diplomas and valuable prizes. More information about the competition, nominations and rules of participation can be found on the дот-журналистика.рф.